Sunday, May 29, 2005

Vietnamese kids LOVE a digital camera

My family and I went to see the construction of a church that my grandmother and father are financing, in a small rural village across the river from where my dad was born. We got there to find massive amounts of kids just fascinated by our digital cameras. They followed me and my sister like we were the Pied Pipers. I hope to send them copies of all the pictures I took; my guess is, not too many foreigners with cameras come their way.


The first time I suddenly - and playfully, I might add - swung the camera around to shoot them, the kids broke into a panicked run. One boy tripped and hurt himself. Posted by Hello


Me and the kids. Posted by Hello


They made me take about 20 pictures of them. Posted by Hello


Jackie and the kids inside the church. Posted by Hello


They thought if they opened their mouths, it would make me want to their picture even MORE. And they were right.  Posted by Hello


The girl in the middle is already 13! She looks so much younger. Posted by Hello

No comments:

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...