Sunday, January 02, 2011

We're getting the band back together!

So I haven't touched this blog in almost five years, not since I got back from Vietnam and saw no reason to document my life back in the States. It didn't help that by the end of my year in Vietnam the blogging had slowed to a crawl anyway.

But I will start again! I still love traveling, after all, and even if I haven't done it in awhile, who says you can't celebrate it for what it is? I'm going to try and make a trip out of the littlest things, and not only see new places, but see old places with new eyes.

Another thing I'll do is finally post pictures and stories from old trips. I've been lazy. But if you post something on the Internet, it'll never really disappear, and that's what I want, before another burglar steals my laptop (along with all my pictures from Vietnam and Guatemala) or another travel journal falls out of my backpack's side pocket (somewhere in Laos a child has picked up a pretty pastel journal, thumbed through it, and muttered, "Why does this girl write so much about hot guys?").

So I'm trying again. In a different city, five years older, and definitely no wiser. The goal is still to just know the place.

No comments:

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...