Friday, July 01, 2005

Know the Peter! (but not as well)

My brother came out to Hanoi for one week before leaving with Jackie. Unfortunately, I don't have as many pictures of him because (1) I was tired of taking pictures, and (2) we didn't do many touristy things. From the start, Pete made clear he wasn't here to find his roots or get to know Vietnam. He was here for one thing and one thing only: cheap tailored suits (he got two, complete with vest, for $145). Here are a few shots of him during our Halong Bay trip, the one touristy thing we did because my mother, upon hearing Pete wanted to skip that too, grew furious. "Then why you go to Vietnam in the fuhst place!?!?!?" she shrieked.

AGE: 21, almost five years younger than me.
OCCUPATION: senior at UC Davis
PERSONALITY SNAPSHOT: Pete, a strong Catholic, used to invite Jehovah's Witnesses into our house for weeks on end to debate religion. My mother said she passed them one time, saw him arguing vehemently, and said, "Petah, let them go."


Ready to face off what lies in the distance.


Pete bravely points to...air. Yes, we admit it. He's pointing to air. It's a cool silhouette, dammit.

No comments:

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...