Friday, July 01, 2005

Know the Jackie!

Well, my traveling companion and partner-in-bitching for the last six weeks has left. In her honor - and realizing that her friends double the hits on this blog - I'm putting up some of my favorite pics of my lil' sis.

Now Jackie, don't tell too many of your friends at once. I wouldn't want to crash the site.

-AGE: 24, 18 months younger than me
-OCCUPATION: Full-time sister, part-time student at Vanderbilt Law School
-PERSONALITY SNAPSHOT: When an obnoxious guy Jackie didn't like kept making inane remarks and saying, "Sorry - I'm a smartass," she answered, "No, you have to be smart to be a smartass. Otherwise you're just an ass."


The woman to the right insisted Jackie take this cheesy photo. Then she promptly overcharged Jackie for pineapple, but we didn't mind.


Jackie and my dad clear wheat stalks from the rural road we were on. I wasn't strong enough, so I recorded the magical moment instead.


She really likes hammocks.


Jackie and our aunt Thuy reach the top of the Microwave Tower (radio tower) in Sapa.


Jackie, picking flowers with a dreamy look on her face, the douche baggette.


In our Thai cooking class.


At a waterfall on our Chiang Mai trek.


Scaling the wall in Krabi.


On the edge of the boat during a tour of Halong Bay in Vietnam.

No comments:

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...