Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Things I've learned from Groupon, BuyWithMe, Living Social and the like

I've spent the last year experimenting with discount sites, with a particular affinity for those that focus on silly activities. In fact, on the eve of my trip I'm making myself go to Zumba to use up my 10-workout class package (also, it's good for me). Anyway, here's what I've learned.

I am really bad at:
• Belly dancing
• Pole dancing
• Paintball
• Zumba
• Yoga
• Water yoga
• Skeet shooting
• Capoeira
• Aerial circus tricks (specifically, hoop and tissu)

I am OK at:
• Tai chi
• Jewelry making

I am surprisingly decent at:
• Kayaking
• Stand-up paddle boarding
• Writing long, legalistic letters to Travelzoo about why they need to refund me for my purchase because it's certainly not my fault the skydive company has gone out of business.

1 comment:

Madlkim said...

Hey, can you send out a message on twitter whenever you update your blog. It'd be a real time saver for me. Thanks bunches.

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...