Friday, February 17, 2012

Scenes from India: Jaisalmer

The sleeper compartment in my overnight bus.
From Udaipur I hopped on an overnight bus--the coldest, bumpiest, smelliest bus there was (according to my fellow travelers). Here are some pics (to go with the earlier set from my post on the camel safari).

View from the bus on the way to Jaisalmer.


Jaisalmer Fort.
It's the only fort in India that people still live and work in.

He works at/owns an Italian restaurant. I was supposed to send him this pic, but lost his card when I lost my guidebook.




Vendors give my travel companion the hard sell.

Waiting for our camels.
This kid can say, "Hellorupeehellorupee" faster than anyone.
Fellow "nontouristic" trekkers.
Sunrise.
Chai, which I love.


Everyone was doing it.

I kept swatting flies from the poor camel's head.
I love the dog up ahead. He just follows new treks every day and the guides feed him.
They made chips for us!




No comments:

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...