Thursday, February 23, 2012

Using OkCupid in Delhi

Out of curiosity, I changed my OkCupid location from "Los Angeles" to "New Delhi." What did I learn? 
  • That lots of Indian guys, like their American counterparts, will you send form letters that could be cut and pasted to every woman (most of the letters I received fell in this category). 
  • That lots of Indian guys have bad English grammar. Yet another similarity to the American guys who write to me. 
  • That according to OkCupid's match system, most of the guys writing to me are really poor matches (this is a big difference from the U.S., where most guys who write to me match quite high, for what it's worth).
Here's a sample of the letters I've received (full disclosure: I'm printing the cheesiest and worst of the lot. There were also nice letters from people who actually read my profile. But those are boring)

a_wonderguyHello Gorgeous....How are you....Can you buy me a Coffee...???? :) :)

wylieinshow me that wonders can be true

deven_kolaveri
: Girl you are making me so high ... are you weed ?  :-P (NOTE: He actually sent this twice a week apart. When I wrote, "You already wrote that. Perhaps a new line," he responded, "umm hi babe i am more inclined towards you you Rock hard :-) )

sumit_xoxthis is Sumit, an Computer Engineer who lives in the world of computers most of the time. Back from world thought to take a look around. So accept a greeting from a computer engineer full of love in his eyes. If interested in knowing each other then my g-m a i l id is XXXX and my contact number is XXXXX. Apologies if I freaked you out. Cheers!

pilotguy32: Hi there, How are you? Liked you profile so thought of writing. I am a corporate Pilot based out of Delhi. Would like to get to know you better and make new freinds . You look stunning in your snap:) Click on my snaps to see more. 

sahl:) to start!! what brings a weirdo here? 

surimalik87Hey u know what u're really beautiful. ....i wud luv to know a beautiful woman like u so temme more......btw u're gorgeous!

brandon19_4u: (he's based in New Orleans) hello, my name is Brandon XXXXX. I like your profile very much. I will be in Delhi in a few weeks indefinately. It would be nice to get to know you.

wittyone123
: Hi ... Would Like to know more abt u ... If u allow me to

maxo1
yo honey u sound like my kinda gal, now whats it gonna take to get to know yu better??? pls do apprise me

dr_dev
Hello, 
Nice picture and good profile, can we connect some time to what will HAPPEN THEN::: :). Let me know we can chat in gmail. 

handsome_dude4u
: Hey there... sexy! I'm your good-time guy and a real crowd-pleaser, if you know what I mean... 
I'm your typical wild child, the epicenter of any good party. I'm the type who's willing to go fast with the body, slow with the soul. I get along best with people who are always looking for new people places and experiences. 
My friends call me the Fun Machine! I know where all the good parties are. I'm just wondering where all the strong, confident women are? 

I want to try all the things I've always wanted to do. I tend to be the first one to try anything. Do it first, think about it later... 

For me a perfect date is one where we wake up even hornier than when we fell asleep. I look forward to setting up our first rendezvous! 

I'm not changing my life, I'm just turning up the volume on my leisure time ... 

If you contact me on XXXXXX, I promise to send you home with a smile on your face... 

Hugs and Kisses you know where... 

luv 
Rahul 

1 comment:

Raj said...

My is still best and vulgar less.
Thanks for keeping it at first place

a_wonderguy
(Raj)

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...