Friday, March 16, 2012

Scenes from India: Shimla

Shimla is cute. There's kind of not much to do besides go for walks, so if you're by yourself like I was, it's not hugely fun. Oh, and everything closes at 8:30 pm. For a capital city, that's a bit early. But the views are really amazing.
The pedestrian mall.





Monkeys on the roof.

Christ Church, the second-oldest church in north India.

Statue of Indira Ghandi.
Shimla is a city that goes up and up. There's several layers to it.



It's an institution. Once, Indians weren't allowed inside, only the British.

Jakhu Temple lets me know that if I make it in 45 minutes,
I am considered "Absolutely Fit."

Did it in under 30 minutes. I'm Absolutely Fit for an Under-30-year-old!
Hanuman statue.




When I and an Indian kid I was with passed this bull calf, he said leave it alone. But I like touching animals, so I just tapped him on his hindquarters. The calf started acting like it would ram us. The kid and I had to run behind this gate and stay there until the calf left. Lesson: stop touching animals.
What they do for fun in the hills of Shimla.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shimla is one of the popular place of India where one can come to visit the beauty and wonderful destinations. This place is included in top ranked destination places of India which gives you a best time spending. You can visit this place from https://goo.gl/gRyZYU here. This place is having all the beautiful scenario of nature that makes your day special.

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...