Saturday, March 19, 2011

Seen and heard at the LA Times Travel and Adventure Show


, mostly just "seen." I mainly just wandered around and took in the sights, while listening in on very few panels and watching very few shows. 

So here's a sampling of what I saw:

Indonesian dancers.
Those manning the booth make origami.

Relaxing at the Thailand booth.


She's just beautiful.














Ziplining, courtesy of the Ecuador Love Life campaign. When I got there the wait was 90 minutes, so I passed.
Scuba tank. Passed on this too, despite a very insistent man who asked me to go scuba diving
with him and said we were going to get married.
They're friendly at the American Association for Nude Recreation. No really, they are. Really nice people.
Egypt is back!
Kelly Merritt, Johnny Jet, George Hobica and Mary Forgione at the
Cents & Sensibility - Practical Tips to Save Money with Online Travel panel.
Forgot where this was for.
A rare winner at the LA Times booth. If you won, you mainly got T-shirts and a Zagat book.
The more common result. Let's see, there are 22 slots, and only six are empty. So you should have a 72.7 percent chance of landing on a prize slot, correct? Yet strangely enough, during the 10 minutes I stood watching, only about 25 percent of people won (if that). Guess mechanical wheels just defy the rules of probability.
Here's a wheel I like! The nudists are giving away items such as pizza cutters and lip balm.
I really wanted a pocket knife, but all I got was this lousy jar opener.
Really? If you're just gonna wear it and trash it, what's wrong with buying Hanes at Wal-Mart?
My next destination (hopefully).
This Costa Rican animal kinda creeped my sister out.
The Nepal booth. With two Miss Taiwans in the middle.
Pretending that I, too, am royalty at a booth, with my Medieval Times crown.

The AAA travel agents were busy.

No comments:

My wonderful father has died

Hao Van Vu, who left Vietnam after the war and built a new life in southern California, died on Feb. 20 after a lengthy battle with lun...